Steps to Hire a Personal Trainer
- Purchase a package.
- Choose from more than five different packages depending on your goals. Please visit our website to view these packages.
- Download, print and complete a New Client Packet, or pick one up in the Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Obtain medical clearance if necessary.
- If you answered ‘yes’ to any questions on the PAR-Q or if you have any medical condition or injury that could affect your exercise program, please have your physician complete the attached clearance form. If you are unsure whether or not to obtain clearance, please call Reed Phinisey at 530-754-1048 or stop by the Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Choose a trainer with compatible schedule and interests.
- Please visit our website to view our trainers’ biographies, availabilities and select your personal coach.
- Return New Client Packet to Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Please double check that all forms are filled out completely and accurately and that you have obtained medical clearance if necessary.
- Schedule your initial consultation.
- After verifying that all forms are complete, the Fitness and Wellness Attendant will schedule the first session of your package; this is known as the Initial Consultation. This must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
- Meet with trainer for initial consultation.
- During the initial consultation you will review your goals and discuss what to expect from your personal training experience. Fitness assessments may take place during this time to establish a physiological baseline. This helps the trainer create a highly personalized program. A no show to this (or any) appointment without at least 24 hours advanced notice will result in a forfeited session.
- Book the rest of your training sessions.
- The Fitness and Wellness Attendant will book your training sessions at this time. You may book as many sessions as you have purchased, or book them on an individual basis. All sessions must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
Files (Click a File to Download)