Update: ARC Membership Is Now CRU Membership
On July 1, 2014, ARC (Activities and Recreation Center) Membership underwent some changes in order to better align the contributions of our non-student members with those of our students. The changes included an expansion of membership benefits and a name change to CRU (Campus Recreation and Unions) Membership in order to reflect that expansion. CRU Membership provides the comprehensive benefits our patrons have always enjoyed, plus even more.
A Better Time to Join Than Ever
CRU Membership benefits include access to the ARC, the region’s premier full-service fitness facility, in addition to many other benefits. Affordable CRU Memberships are available to anyone; community members as well as university staff, faculty, alumni and others. For a full list, see our How to Join page. Current UC Davis students enjoy access to the ARC at no additional charge.
Once you become a CRU Member, you will enjoy full access to the ARC facility, a friendly, welcoming, fully equipped and conveniently located recreation center on the edge of campus, near the Russell Boulevard and La Rue Road intersection in Davis. If you are thinking about joining the ARC (i.e., becoming a CRU Member) for the first time, you can review the list of CRU Membership benefits below and peruse the other membership pages for more information.
- Full access to the ARC (Activities and Recreation Center) and all of its amenities:
- Free use of the only racquetball/squash courts in Davis.
- Free access to the ARC’s climate-controlled running track.
- Free equipment checkout.
- Low-cost access to the ARC’s 40’ x 29’ climbing wall.
- Low-cost access to our full range of Group Exercise classes (Zumba, Cycling, Kickboxing and more).
- Low-cost access to Instructional Series (progressive fitness instruction in Dance, Martial Arts, Small Group, Mind-Body and Custom Training classes).
- Low-cost access to Personal Training.
- Low-cost access to the Fit For Life (55+) wellness program.
- Convenient access to fitness gear and more at the Pro Shop at the ARC.
- Full-service onsite Starbucks.
- Free admission to Rec Pool and Hickey Pool.
- Free access to the Intramural (IM) Sports Program.
- Significantly discounted prices (A Pricing) on programming throughout the Department of Campus Recreation and Unions:
To contact CRU Member Services, call 530-754-5306 or email email@example.com.
People Love the ARC on Yelp
See what others are saying about the ARC on Yelp.