On July 1, 20116, UCDHS Fitness Center Membership underwent some changes in order to better align the contributions of our non-student members with those of our students. In order to gain access to the restricted fitness areas of the student fitness center, members must meet the following guidelines:
Students (including UC Reciprocity students)
- Student members must present their registration card to gain access to the facility.
- Registration fees must be valid for the current quarter or semester.
- Registration card must in be good condition and must have a visible picture.
Non Student Members (University Affiliates)
- All other UCDHS Fitness Center members must present a photo identification card to gain access to the fitness areas.
- Membership must be valid at the time of use.
- Identification card must in be good condition and must have a visible picture.
University Affiliates include:
- UCD medical campus students not enrolled in courses
- UCD Faculty/Staff associated with the medical campus
- UCD medical Residents
- UCD medical campus Retirees
- Post Docs
- Partners of afformentioned eligble members
- No backpacks or gym bags
- Shirts must be worn at all times
- Athletic closed toed shows must be worn
- No shoes on stretching mats
- Please remember to wipe down equipment after use
- The use of chalk is not permitted
- A spotter is recommended with the use of free weights
- Please re-rack your weights
- Do not drop plates or dumbbells
- No drinking (water is acceptable) or eating in fitness room
- There is a 30-min time limit on cardiovascular equipment when others are waiting
- No standing on exercise balls
- Allow people to work in between sets
- No private instruction
- Must wear proper workout attire:
- No jeans
- No belts
- No open toe shoes
- No cargo shorts
- All attire is left up to the discretion of the staff