The purpose of captains’ meetings is to explain the Rec Sports guidelines, policies, and procedures. They will also cover some basic rules and equipment/uniform requirements for some sports.
Each team entering a Rec Sports activity must appoint a team captain. The captain is the official liaison between the team and the Rec Sports office. The captain must be listed as a member of the team on the official team roster. Specific responsibilities of the captain include, but are not limited to:
- Submit and pass the online Captain's Meeting.
- The General Captain's Meeting Power Point and the Rules Power Point for each sport will be posted online during the beginning of the quarter.
- Each sport will have their own quiz, with questions from both the General Captain's Meeting and the rules of the sport. If for some reason the captain is unable to submit the quiz, another member of the team may submit it.
- Captain's who fail to submit the quiz by the deadline and/or pass the quiz will have their team disqualifed from competing in the playoffs.
- Captains will also lose their ability to protest rule interpretations and player eligibility.
- The quiz is mandatory for all League Sport Captains (Basketball, Bowling, Billiards, Flag Football, Floorball, Pickleball, Quidditch, Soccer, and Tennis). It is NOT required for Res Hall teams, but highly recommended.
- Notifying team members of playing rules, playing schedules/schedule changes (often due to weather-related cancellations), eligibility guidelines, and ensuring that their team is in compliance with all Rec Sports policies and procedures.
- Submitting complete and correct team/player information.
- Representing the team in the case of protests.
- Cooperating fully with the Rec Sports staff during all activities in regards to: signing team members to the online roster, lineups, scores, protests, injuries, player ejections, team conduct, spectator conduct, and any other situations that might arise.
- Serving as a leader during all activities by promoting FairPlay and by helping to create a positive atmosphere.
- All players who register a singles or doubles team is considered the Captain of that team.
|Basketball||Basketball Rules||Basketball Quiz||Friday, October 19 by 5 p.m.|
|Bowling||Bowling Rules||No Quiz||Friday, October 19 by 5 p.m.|
|Billiards||Billiards Rules||No Quiz||Friday, October 19 by 5 p.m.|
|Flag Football||Flag Football Rules||Football Quiz||Friday, October 19 by 5 p.m.|
|Floorball||Floorball Rules||Floorball Quiz||Friday, October 19 by 5 p.m.|
|Pickleball||N/A||N/A||Friday, October 19 by 5 p.m.|
|Quidditch||Qudditch Rules||Quidditch Quiz||Friday, October 19 by 5 p.m.|
|Soccer||Soccer Rules||Soccer Quiz||Friday, October 19 by 5 p.m.|
|Tennis||Tennis Rules||Tennis Quiz||Friday, October 19 by 5 p.m.|
NOTE: Docs/Powerpoints and Quizzes will be posted by Monday October 15, with Quiz due by Friday October 19
|Bowling||Bowling Rules||Bowling Quiz|
|Dodgeball||Dodgeball Rules||Dodgeball Quiz|
|Indoor Soccer||Indoor Soccer Rules||Indoor Soccer Quiz|
|Ultimate Frisbee||Ultimate Frisbee Rules||
Ultimate Frisbee Quiz
|Volleyball||Volleyball Rules||Volleyball Quiz|
|Flag Football||Flag Football Rules||Flag Football Quiz||Friday, October 20 by 5 p.m.|
|Floorball||Friday, October 27 by 5 p.m.|
|Friday, October 20 by 5 p.m.|
|Soccer||Soccer Rules||Soccer Quiz||Friday, October 20 by 5 p.m.|
|Ultimate Frisbee||Ultimate Rules||
Ultimate Frisbee Quiz;
|Friday, October 20 by 5 p.m.|
|Volleyball||Volleyball Rules||Volleyball Quiz||Friday, October 20 by 5 p.m|