The purpose of captains’ meetings is to explain the Intramural guidelines, policies, and procedures. They will also cover some basic rules and equipment/uniform requirements for some sports.
Each team entering an Intramural activity must appoint a team captain. The captain is the official liaison between the team and the Intramural Sports office. The captain must be listed as a member of the team on the official team roster. Specific responsibilities of the captain include, but are not limited to:
1. Attending the mandatory captains’ meetings.
- Captains' meetings are held at the beginning of each quarter (See below for dates and times).
- CAPTAINS MUST ATTEND ONE (1) CAPTAIN'S MEETING PER QUARTER. If the captain cannot attend a team representative may come in that person's place
- *Team/Individuals will earn 1 Free reschedule for attending that quarter's Captain's Meeting
- *Captains who do not attend the Captain's Meeting will also lose their ability to protest rule interpretations and player eligibility
2. All league sports will require attendance to ONE captain's meeting per quarter. Please see date and times below.
3. Notifying team members of playing rules, playing schedules/schedule changes (often due to weather-related cancellations), eligibility guidelines, and ensuring that their team is in compliance with all Intramural policies and procedures.
4. Submitting complete and correct team/player information on all online and in office entry forms.
5. Representing the team in the case of protests.
6. Cooperating fully with the Intramural Sports staff during all activities in regards to: signing team members in on the official score sheet, lineups, scores, protests, injuries, player ejections, team conduct, spectator conduct, and any other situations that might arise.
7. Serving as a leader during all activities by promoting FairPlay and by helping to create a positive atmosphere.
8 All players who register a singles or doubles team is considered the Captain of that team
|All League Sports||Monday, October 3||8:30-9:30 p.m.||123 Sciences Lecture Hall|
|All League Sports||Tuesday, October 4||8-9 p.m.||123 Sciences Lecture Hall|
|All League Sports||Tuesday, January 17||8-9 p.m.||123 Sciences Lecture Hall|
|All League Sports||Wednesday, January 18||8-9 p.m.||123 Sciences Lecture Hall|
|All League Sports||Tuesday, April 11||8-9 p.m.||123 Sciences Lecture Hall|
|All League Sports||Wednesday, April 12||7-8 p.m.||123 Sciences Lecture Hall|
|Soccer||TBA||5:15-6 p.m.||ARC Conference Room|