To insure the safety of our patrons and upkeep of our equipment/facilities, we’ve decided to implement a mandatory skill check for any user wishing to utilize the platforms areas to execute any of the following Olympic weightlifting movements and their derivatives:
The skill check will insure that patrons follow proper equipment use, good technical foundations and meet necessary flexibility and strength prerequisites. If unable to meet these requirements, there will be workshops made available to users looking to improve upon these deficiencies.
Spring Quarter Dates:
April 2 - June 8, 2018
Cost: $10 / Annual Renewal: $5
Users will have 20 minutes to display technical efficiency in both the Snatch (35-55lbs.) and Cleand & Jerk (35-95lbs.) Appointments can be scheduled in the Fitness and Wellness Center during normal business hours. All appointments will take place in the Pavilion Fitness Studio. Directions located below.
Amazon scholarships can be awareded for these costs. Apply HERE.
- All users wishing to perform any Olympic weightlifting movement or a derivative in one of the platforms must complete a skill check with a Fitness Center staff member.
- Powder chalk is prohibited. Liquid chalk is allowed and available for purchase at the Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Collars must be used at all times.
- Slamming bars is prohibited. Completed lifts must be followed down from shoulder height.
- Users are encouraged to share equipment with other users and training sessions must be kept to 60 minutes or less.
- Proper footwear is required. Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
- No bags allowed in the platform/squat rack area or fitness area.