Take Your Team On An Adventure They Will Never Forget!
Outdoor Adventures, a program at UC Davis, has been providing whitewater rafting trips to students and Davis community members for over 40 years. It is our mission to provide these trips at a low cost so that everyone can have the opportunity to experience the thrill of this wonderful sport. Whitewater rafting is an ideal activity for campus departmental staff who want to get out of the office, build team morale, and have a great time doing it. If you are planning a staff retreat in the near future, please consider whitewater rafting as an option. We offer trips every weekend throughout the summer (weekday trips available) and will work with you to customize your trip to meet your team’s goals!
The South Fork of the American River is the most popular destination for whitewater rafting in California! It’s splashy and exciting class II-III rapids make it great for experienced paddlers and beginners alike.
Trip Length: Approximately 9 miles in 5 hours
Day of Logistics:
- 10:00 a.m. – Meet at Camp Lotus – Lotus, CA
- 10:45 a.m. – Get on the River!
- 10:45 a.m.—1 p.m. – Enjoy a ton of class II rapids as you prepare of the class III section: THE GORGE!
- 12:30 p.m. – Stop for lunch at a river front property used exclusively by Outdoor Adventures
- 1:30 p.m. – Get pumped as you enter the Gorge where class III rapids like, Satan’s Cesspool and Hospital Bar await!
- 3:30 p.m. – Catch your breath and soak in the sun as you finish off your day in Folsom Lake.
Once at Take Out a shuttle bus will pick you up and drive you back to your vehicles at Camp Lotus.
Your day is done! Please drive home safely.
Trip cost includes guides, equipment, and shuttle fees. Lunch, and transportation to the river is not provided. If you would like to discuss adding these options, please contact Beck Van Horsen, Assistant Director, at 530-752-4362.
Price: $80 per person (recharge payment available)
All youth must be accompanied by an adult.
Booking is simple. Please contact Outdoor Adventures and let us know that you are interested in booking a Team Building Raft trip. We will work with you to pick a date, discuss logistics and create a plan that will meet and exceed you and your group's expectations.